Prospecting and Mining Permit and Mining Right Applications in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (Act 28 of 2002) and National Environmental Management Act (Act 107 of 1998) (NEMA) (as amended).
I-CAT’s environmental solutions team has dedicated environmental consultants specializing in prospecting and mining right applications. The required environmental authorisation process to be undertaken for any mining activities must be conducted in terms of the “One Environmental System” (OES). In terms of the “One Environmental System” fixed timeframes for the consideration and issuing of decisions in terms of the respective legislation is agreed to and the processes to be followed in terms of the respective legislation is synchronized and integrated.
The aim of the OES is to:
- Integrate the mining industry into the environmental authorisation and management process which is applicable to all other industries
- Streamline the licensing process for mining, environmental authorisations and water use
- Reduce over regulation in the mining sector
- Reduce duplication in MPRDA &NEMA
- Improve integration and alignment and
- Promote co-operative governance
- Increase investment in SA mining industry